As a lot of you know, I am the mother of three girls. From 2009-2016, I have been pregnant, giving birth, or struggling with my weight. My weight constantly annoyed me, but I never took the initiative to change anything because I knew we weren’t done have babies.
Well, guess what? I am finished with being pregnant and giving birth. I am only 26 years old and I refuse to live the rest of my life being obese. I’m currently 5 foot 5 inches and weight 232 lbs. My goal is to hit 130 lbs. It is my time to be selfish and focus on me.
So far this has helped me lose weight.
- Drink lots of water I use to hate water but now that I started drinking it, I love it! Add lemon if needed.
- Keeping a weight loss/ food journal. Journals can help you see where you made good choices and prevent you from making bad choices
- Create a reward chart to keep you on track. I did mine in 10 pound increments.
- Don’t let the scale get to you. It’s just a number, it doesn’t define you.
- Track your inches instead.
- Meal prep you food. Meal prepping keeps you from eating out or eating junk food.
- Stick to the outer aisles when grocery shopping.
- If your grocery store offers online orders use it, you will be less tempted to buy something just because it’s on sale.
- Get your husband and kids involved. I find walking by myself boring, so we make it a family walk instead.
- Buy Goal Clothes. I wear a size 16-18 jeans, depending on brand, so I bought a size 10 with very little stretch to be my goal jeans.
- Buy less red meat and more lean protein, like chicken, turkey and venison.
- Get at least 8-9 hours of sleep. Your body needs adequate rest to transform.
- Eat more vegetables than fruit
- Keep healthy snacks, rather than junk food for snacks
- Get a gym membership or a home workout video
- Focus more on Weight Training rather than Cardio
These steps will help you lose weight more efficiently and with less stress. By the way too much stress can cause weight gain. Be sure to ask your doctor before taking on any exercise program or extreme change in diet.